Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Random January Post

Hello again,

Bet you didn't think I'd have another post did you?!  I have so many pictures on my phone that are bringing up random stories so I decided to blog away.  I've also made some different dishes, so I thought I'd share my food adventure.  Anyways, Mr C has been experienting with bread lately and we've been making everything from pizza dough, sweet bread and french bread.  Recently I made a pizza.  It tasted really great.  I used some frozen pizza dough that we had saved earlier and I just added some olives and feta cheese.  I think next time I make this I'll use fattier feta cheese as I used a low fat cheese and they kind of became hard rocks.  If you've ever thought of making your own bread, I think it's definitely worth the try.  It definitely requires experimentation, but it's so rewarding eating your own bread!  I also made chicken skews with peanut sauce for dinner.  Instead of pan frying chicken, I decided to bake them which is really easy.  Before baking I marinaded chicken cut up in strips with a little bit of soy sauce, sugar, finely chopped up onions and garlic.  Then you just broil on low for about 15 mins.  I usually check on them every 5 minutes to make sure they are good.  Make sure you prop them up on a rack when you bake them.  I then whipped up some peanut sauce adding some water, rice vinegar and of course peanut butter.  It was definitely yummy :D


 On a random note, I got my January Birchbox! I was so excited because I got the shipping e-mail in California.  When we came home my birchbox was waiting for me in the mailbox! Score! :D I got some samples of vegan lotion (it smelled great, but I hate these tiny Ketchup packets), some face lotion, perfume, hair oil, and the best thing in the box was this eyeko eyeliner.  If you use eye liner this one is great for sharp and precise lines! So far my Birchboxes have been great.  I love trying brands I've never heard of before!  I wish I got this month's Deborah Lippmann nail polish, but it's okay! I can't wait until February comes!

Recently a friend of mine introduced me to needle felting. She had told me she had gotten an owl kit from etsy which got me curious! I started doing some research and I became so intrigued by the idea of creating 3D objects with just wool and a rough needle. So on the weekend, we headed to Daiso (a Japanese $1.50 store) and luckily I found some wool and needles.  Since I was feeling better yesterday I decided to try my hand at this craft and I made a rilakkuma head!  This one is for Mr C :)  I think I'll definitely make more things so keep checking back :D

Have a great week everyone and I'll try to post more during the week! Take care <3


Rilakkuma looking at you





No comments:

Post a Comment