Friday, December 7, 2012

Exploration 1

Well folks, it's been about 1 week since I left Toronto.  The funny thing about Washington is the rain.  Well... you never really know when it will rain.  Sometimes it rains really hard and sometimes it just spits rain. Lesson learned: just carry an umbrella with you at all times! (it's so heavy though.. poo poo)

Anyways, we've been exploring the city pretty much everyday.  Basically checking out all the super markets and the stores that the States has to offer.  I'm still amazed at the wide selection of everything the US has to offer.  More then often we are in awe at all the products.  We just stand in front of the butter section trying to figure out which butter to pick (I say just pick the one with the best picture lol).  I've had plenty of time to discover cooking (something I rarely had the chance to do since my mom was the master of the kitchen.. lol).  Yesterday I made cheddar cheese scones for Mr C using this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/easy-cheese-scones-in-a-hurry-29817.   Also tried my hand on butternut squash mash. 

Here's how they turned out. Pretty good for my first time right? Cheesy goodness, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment