Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Successful Dish!

Hello hello! Happy Hump Day.  I'm glad it's the middle of the week, aren't you?  Anyways, I kind of changed up my blog.  Hope you like the new layout.  I tried my hand at Photoshop, but that wasn't really successful, but hey at least I learned something! I just ended up changing random things off blogger... lol, another day?  I found a lot of beautiful backgrounds from this site (http://www.augustempress.com/2011/08/geometric-triangle-patterns) and decided it fit my blog nicely!

Hawaii Airport
Hawaiian Hello Kitty welcomes you
Anyways, I just wanted to blog because I am sooo happy? Why you ask? Well I was successful in making a curry katsu dish! I've wanted to make this dish for awhile now after our honeymoon to Hawaii.  For those who are wondering... "what the heck is katsu?", well, it's basically a pork cutlet (breaded with panko).  It's really delicious - oh how I love the taste of curry with rice. I basically followed this recipe (http://www.food.com/recipe/japanese-pork-katsu-424647) minus the dipping sauce (I wanted to add my own curry on the side).  I had a fun time whacking the pork with the back of my knife.  For those people who are stressed, get yourself a pork chop and start whacking! haha.. After that, I just drenched it in flour, egg and then panko (haha my favorite ingredient) and then I pan fried them with 1/8 cup of oil (make sure there's a layer of oil to actually fry those babies).  Just 5 minutes on each side will ensure a well cooked cutlet! You should give it a try... it's easier then it looks.  I think it turned out really well.  Pretty much tasted like the real deal except this was half the cost and provided us with 4 servings.. too bad it doesn't come with nice weather and palm trees right? Take care.  <3 Janet  

Ingredients: Flour, egg and panko
Curry Katsu.  YUM!








No comments:

Post a Comment