Monday, December 10, 2012

Weekend: Seattle

As Christmas day approaches I can surely feel the holiday spirit in the air.  It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside when I see the Christmas trees and different Christmas paraphernalia in the stores. I especially enjoy hearing the Christmas carols everywhere we go.  My favorite thing about the states is the beautiful decorations everywhere. It seems like the US really take their Christmas serious which I love!  This will be our first Christmas together so we plan to make it special - baked goods and Turkey! Can't wait and will definitely post some pictures.

On Saturday, we bused to Seattle to meet up with our friend at Pike's Place.  I secretly love the crowds here and the excitement in the air!  I love the little flower vendor booths there! I'll definitely get some flowers once it is warmer.  We each had a creamy savory clam chowder at Pike's Place Chowder - perfect for the cold weather. How I wish I had a bowl right now!   Next we stopped at Le Panier for some goodies on the go.  Unfortunately they got all soggy when we got home, but still delicious nonetheless. 

How did you spend your weekend?

<3 J
Macaroons at Le Panier
Tree outside South Centre
Pike's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment