Friday, February 15, 2013

Craft post: Needle felting

Hello everyone,

I've been spending most of my afternoons crafting these days and I just wanted to show you some of my creations.  I feel pretty proud of them, and I hope you enjoy my artistic shots of them.  I'm beginning to become interested in photography too, so who knows what I'll do next.  Most of the heads are of Rilakkuma, which is a San-X character.  I also made a baby cardinal because I miss seeing them (apparently you don't see them in the west coast). 

Any requests on what I should make next?  They are all made out of wool and a needle.  I recently bought some Hamanaka branded Japanese wool and I can't wait to try it out.  :D  I also transformed one of the heads into a keychain for a birthday present!

I recently found out that there's something called wet needle felting, where you add water and detergent and you can "felt" bags and pouches out of wool.  I definitely want to try this out soon.

Take care, <3 Janet








2 comments:

  1. They're all so cute! I've never tried the wet felting before. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I <3 mochi, tell me how that turns out :)

    ReplyDelete