Friday, February 15, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day everyone! I hope everyone had a very lovely time with their loved ones.  Sorry for the lack of updates.  To be honest, I've been having some writer's block recently.  Actually I've been having a couple of life blocks recently, but nothing to worry about!  These things come and go, and eventually life just sorts itself out.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday (and everyday!).  I was greeted on Valentine's day with the smell of freshly baked pineapple buns and roses.  What a lovely husband right? Mr C woke up early in the morning just to make them for me.  I feel extra special :D   They tasted great! I think he definitely deserves a gold star for his effort. *Thumbs up and a high five*  I made a special heart shaped brownie too.  I found a recipe on food.com, however I found it had more of a cake consistency than a fudge/chewy consistency that we both like.  If anyone has a good brownie recipe, I'd love to try it out! :D  Oh man, we gotta hit the gym from eating all these yummy baked goods.  booo to working out, yay for sweets.  

Next recipe will be Japanese Mochi! Yummy.   We will try to make pretzels and donuts soon... although I did make spring rolls for Chinese New Year, which I'll post about soon :D

On a side note, TGIF right?! :D

Take care,

Janet







No comments:

Post a Comment