Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pineapple Bun Take 2

Hey everyone,

Third post in 1 week, pretty good huh? I guess the writer's block has finally lifted and I have some interesting stories to tell you.

Last night Mr C came home from work and told me he felt stressed.  He then proceeded to tell me he wanted to make bread.  I had no objections because a) he can knead all his frustrations/stress into this big dough ball and b) I can eat it afterwards.  If you read my previous post, you may recall that Mr C had previously made pineapple buns for Valentine's day.  This time around he had some minor modifications to make.  Let me just say that they came out GREAT and the house smelled so good.  If you've ever been to a Chinese bakery then you know what smell I'm talking about. The buns came out soft and they were sweet enough for my taste buds.  We ate 2 before heading to bed (to all you health nuts out there, I know, it's terrible to eat before bedtime, but how can you say no to fresh bread?).  If you're interested in the recipe, just let me know and I'll be happy to e-mail it to you. 

Big ball of frustrations
Frustrations all gone!









Strangely enough, during the day I had needle felted a pineapple bun! This made for a great photo op.  Which one is the REAL pineapple bun? lol

Take care,

Janet

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    It looks like they turned out great!!
    I've been looking for a recipe all over the internet trying to find the photo that looks the best and here I am typing this message, haha.

    If you don't mind, would I be able to grab the recipe off you please?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Thanks for your comment! I'm so sorry for the late reply. We've been busy with a huge move.

      We used this recipe: http://www.homemadechinese.com/2009/10/pineapple-buns.html

      With the following modifications:
      For the bun part, we added an additional 2 tsp of oil. (This made the buns very soft)

      For the topping part, we added 1/2 cup sugar. (We also added half a tsp of almond extract, I think vanilla would taste just as great)

      Let me know how they turn out.

      Delete