Friday, March 1, 2013

Needle felted baby bird + dinner

Hello everyone,

Hurray for Friday! Just a quick post before we head out into the weekend.  I wanted to share with you last night's dinner as well as today's needle felted project!

Last night I made a steamed chicken patty with shiitake mushrooms topped with dried scallop.  I've made this before, but I think I've definitely upped my technique.  Also a flat steel plate and a rack definitely helped this time around (Thank you Vancouver)!  This is a pretty popular family dish.  I grew up eating this and never really appreciated it until now! I made some mods though!  It's typically made with ground pork, but I decided to use chicken breast instead.  Remember to chop the meat up well (don't use big chunks like what I did last time), some mushrooms, corn starch, and some soy sauce.  Mix it up and steam for 15-20 minutes and you're good to go! So delicious and healthy too.  This always makes me feel like a kid again.  



Today I was feeling rather ambitious so I decided to make a full figured animal.  You know I typically like to make felted animal heads, but this time around I wanted to try something different.  This is the end result! A baby bird.  He's so cute, but I think his eyes look kind of hollow.  hahah, what do you think? Any suggestions on how I can improve his look?

Have a great weekend!
Janet









2 comments:

  1. Haha, wow...that baby bird is looking right at me. Really cute, though! I love the chubby cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bird is adorable :) I <3 birds. The eyes don't really look hollow to me, but maybe the white part could be smaller to look less hollow? I don't know.

    I remember that pork/mushroom dish...my mom hasn't made it in a while. It was very tasty though :)

    ReplyDelete