Friday, March 15, 2013

Homemade Pizza.. nom nom nom

Hey everyone,

Yay for Friday! I just wanted to make a post about last night's dinner! I've been craving pizza for quite sometime now, so I finally asked Mr C to make some pizza dough for me.  If you have a chance, make your own pizza next time :).  It's so much healthier than getting it at a restaurant and you can add whatever toppings you want.  It smells so good in the oven and tastes great the next day.  Even though it takes some time it is well worth it.  Occasionally, we make pizza dough and keep it in the fridge for next day use.  We've also tried freezing it and that works just as well.  Just remember to thaw it well in advance. 

I decided to make a tomato, mozzarella pizza with pesto sauce.  We use store bought sauce and we like to stock pile tomato sauce because you never know when you'll need it.  Mr C followed this pizza dough recipe http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pizza-Dough-III, if you are interested.  My pizza became rather fluffy, but that's probably because I didn't take the time to roll it out into a flat sheet.  I used my hand to flatten it out on the tray.  Next time I might try using a rolling pin to see if it makes a difference.  Anyways, spread out your dough, slather on the sauce and top the pizza with whatever you like.  Ever since I tried fresh basil from my mother in law, I've been hooked.  I added a few pieces of basil leaves on the pizza too... mmm mmm good! I've also read that you should brush oil on the crust, however I skipped this step since the pesto sauce already had a lot of oil in it.  I like to broil my pizza on low and once the toppings start to bubble, I bake it at 350 degrees for a maybe 8-10 minutes to ensure the inside is baked.  Make sure you keep an eye out because you don't want to burn your pizza!

The end product was so delicious! Try it next time!

Have a great weekend!
<3 Janet

Getting ready to make the pizza

All ready to be baked
The complete product -- so good you'll be asking for seconds!

A look inside the crust.  Very fluffy and soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment