Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Felt Organization & last night's dinner

Hey everyone,

We are finally mid way through the week.  Hope everyone has been having a productive week so far.
As many of you know, I've recently picked up the needle felting bug.  Last night after dinner, it suddenly dawned on me that I'm really passionate about it and I want to learn as much as possible.  I remember a year ago, Mr C suggested that I find a hobby, and I was so insulted.  I guess I was insulted because he was right.  At that point in my life I didn't really have a hobby or interest in anything (sad I know).  Life comprised of going to work, eating and going out on the weekends.  Fast forward to the present time, and I can honestly say I love needle felting.  Last night I was happy to tell Mr C that I have a hobby now, and I think he was very happy.  I've gone back into craft mode which includes drawing, photography and sewing (something I've always wanted to do, but never did).  
Anyways, crafting requires a lot of supplies, and I'm surprised at all the stuff I've collected.  I've just been dumping everything into a bag so today I finally decided to clean it up.  Being organized is an important part of being functional.  I made mini dividers with old cereal boxes and just reused old craft boxes to store my wool.  I'm glad because now the colors won't get mixed up with each other.  I also found a clear box to store everything all together.  Not only is it organized, everything is now easily accessible and clean up will be a breeze.  How do you guys keep your craft items organized?   

Not functional at all.

Organized
Easy clean up!
Last night, I cooked up a new dish.  I was running late, and I needed to cook something quick.  I had ground beef and tofu in the fridge.  Thinking hard, the light bulb went off in my head and I knew I could cook "ma po tofu" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapo_doufu).  This dish is kind of like a stew with tofu, beef and a lot of spices.  I can't eat spicy so I just skipped the chilli flakes and chilli bean paste.  I think it came out pretty well.   I used Chinese rice wine, some sugar, oyster sauce and soy sauce.  I useful tip I found was to boil the tofu prior to pan frying.  It helped make the tofu silkier in texture.  It was yummy :D  Have you guys made any interesting dishes lately?

Take care!
Janet

1 comment:

  1. So tidy! My craft supplies have taken over my closet. I have them organized (mostly) into tubs and carts with wheels that I roll over to my desk when I need them.

    ReplyDelete