Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Needle Felting

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update on some new needle felting creations.  I've been practicing real hard and trying out new things.  On Friday, I made a bunny rabbit and recreated a similar one Monday.  I love needle felting, however the one issue I have is reproducibility.  I find it really hard to recreate the same creature.  It has everything to do with how much material you use, how lightly you squish the wool, and also how many times you felt it with the needle.  Every creature is unique, which is fun and frustrating! 

What do you think of the rabbits? I love their chubby little cheeks.  Today I also made a matryoshka doll (Russian nesting doll).  I have wonderful memories of these little dolls from when I was a child.  One of my favorite things to do in Toronto was to go to the CNE (a local exhibition).  While there I used to go to the Russian booth with my aunt just to look at these beautiful wooden dolls.  I've finally recreated one.  

Hope you enjoy these pictures and post! Thanks for supporting this blog.  I really appreciate it and it makes me happy to know people are (hopefully?) enjoying my posts.  Leave a comment and let me know what you enjoy reading the most (food, crafts?). 

Take care! 







No comments:

Post a Comment