Friday, March 29, 2013

Needle felting

Hello everyone,

A very happy Friday (and weekend) to you!  To everyone celebrating, I just wanted to wish you a Happy Good Friday, and Happy Easter weekend. 

I've missed blogging, so I decided to do a quick entry before we head off into the weekend.

Anyways, the one thing I love about needle felting is the flexibility to make changes. Through trial and error, I've picked up a lot of techniques that have made the process of creating these little guys a lot easier.  I've also found that using thinner needles really help when you're adding fine detail to your dolls.  Recently, I decided to give my matryoshka doll a well needed face lift (hahah).  I gave her some sparkle in her eye and some well needed color in her cheeks.  The red lips also make for a warm smile =p  I think her new face looks wayyyy cuter than before! What do you think?   I also made a little friend for her as well.  ^_^

Anyways, I'm off clam digging tomorrow!  Wish me luck.  I'll show you guys my "clam haul" Monday.   How are all of you going to spend your weekend?

Take care,

<3 Janet

Matryoshka doll before surgery
Matryoshka doll post surgery


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! She doesn't have those hollow eyes anymore. I like the little one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm so glad those hollow eyes are gone! :P hahaha

      Delete