Monday, April 1, 2013

Zulily Purchase Review + Weekend Randomness

Hey everyone,

Just a random post today about my recent online purchase and the weekend. 

On the weekend, the weather was absolutely gorgeous.  It was basically t-shirt weather, blue skies and sunshine.  It was wonderful.  On Saturday, we went clam digging in this wonderful weather! I'm so happy I had my sunglasses as it was pretty bright on the open beach.  We didn't get the "haul" I was hoping for (the full 15 clams).  We only got 8 clams this time around... we were kind of bummed, but overall we had a fun time exploring the beach and staying active.  What happened you ask? I think it's because we tried a new location.  The new area had too many rocks and I guess the razor clams don't really live in this terrain?  I know a lot of people were very successful with catching their limit (lucky :P).  After a long walk we finally arrived at the populated area, but by then most of the clams were already caught (the ones closer to the surface) and it was very hard for us to spot any breathing holes on the surface.  We were lucky to get a few, but by then it was already 12 noon, and the sherif told us no more digging was allowed.  Booo.  Oh well, I had fun and I enjoyed that we got to hang out at the beach.  When we got home, I helped in cleaning the razor clams.  It's actually pretty gross, and every time I cut the little critters, I thought they were moving and twitching from the pain (I'm sorry!). 

Onto the next story.  I finally got my Zulily purchase this weekend (yayyy!).  I thought I'd do a review for those of you who are interested or thinking of making a purchase.  What's Zulily you ask? It's an online store that offers daily deals on things such as clothes, shoes, furniture and a lot more.  The interesting thing about it is that they have new items everyday, but they are only available for a limited time.  They also don't have a warehouse, so you'll need to wait until the sale ends as the item gets shipped from the company back to Zulily. 

A friend from work actually got me interested, and every since I've been "stalking" their site for great deals.  I think they have awesome deals, and so many styles/brands.  I've been tempted a couple of times to purchase something, but decided against it because I like to try on my clothing before purchasing.  Then they had a Kangol hat sale!  I've always wanted a Kangol hat, so I couldn't pass up this chance. lol.  I figured I needed a hat too since we'll probably be doing a lot of outdoor stuff.  The check out process was very easy and I liked how they have a Paypal option.  Basically they have 3 categories for "Active orders".  First the order is confirmed, and then I'm guessing after the sale, the items get shipped from Kangol to Zulily, and then lastly from Zulily to your house.  I purchased my hat on March 9th, and finally got it on the 30th.  Not too bad, as I was given a time frame of when I'd get my purchase.  My order was exactly as described and I was happy with it.  The one thing I'd prefer would be more pictures.  For example, a picture of the back of the hat might have been useful, as I was kind of surprised when I got my hat (there was an unexpected gray panel.. lol?). 

Overall, I think Zulily is great and I'd probably make some more future purchases.  I think if they offered free shipping that would be amazinnnnng.  I love a good deal, and I think they have a lot of interesting things to offer.  I wouldn't recommend it if you need the item right away though as it does take some time.  I also believe they are a Seattle based company, so I'm happy I can support a local business. 

Check Zulily out with this link and see see anything interests you :)
http://www.zulily.com/invite/janetpurpleumbrella

Take care,

Janet





No comments:

Post a Comment