Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Japanese Needle Felting Book (ISBN : 9784529049719)

Hey everyone,

Happy Tuesday! Hope everyone is having a smooth week so far.  The weather is incredible today.  Perfectly sunny.  The hallways in our building is cooler than outside.

Anyways, I spent the afternoon walking around Jo-anns (a craftstore).  They have an incredible selection of fabrics and scrapbook items.  I love browsing their fabrics and scrapbook material.  I've recently been fascinated with Washi tape, so I ended up buying some Martha Stewart ones.  Can't wait to use them soon.  I'm also really curious about making my own Washi tape.  Has anyone tried this yet? :P

Over the weekend, Mr C and I headed down to the International District in Seattle and we went to one of my favorite stores.  It's a Japanese bookstore called Kinokuriya  Not only does it sell books, but it sells Japanese stationary and cute stuffed animals.  I spent my time looking at all their craft books.  Honestly I wanted to buy every book because each and everyone is so well put together.  Their pictures are amazing.  I don't know any Japanese, but the diagrams are so nicely done that you don't need the text.  

I ended up purchasing a book which I think is pretty amazing.  It's called "ステップ式!羊毛フェルトの基礎BOOK" ISBN : 9784529049719 (http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.php/fbs003?common_param=9784529049719).  I haven't made any projects yet, but so far I think it's a great book for beginners and people with some experience.  The majority of the book is filled with colored diagrams, which I love!  It also teaches you how to make basic shapes (squares, hearts, stars) which took me awhile to figure out. I can't wait to make something!!!  In the meantime please take a look at all the interesting projects in the book.  They are incredibly cute!!!!! :3

Have any of you read any interesting books lately? I'd love to hear from you!

Take care, and have a great week!
Janet
 




No comments:

Post a Comment