Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Needle felting

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to keep up with everything but sometimes you can get soooo lost in the creative process that nothing really gets done =p whoops.  I've been busy needle felting, drawing and photographing stuff.  I have to say I loveeeee taking pictures now.  I really want a macro lense eeeeek :D.

With needle felting, I've been attempting some wet needle felting.  I purchased a Japanese craft book sometime in March and it just arrived all the way from Japan! It's all about wet needle felting and I'm so excited to actually try some projects.  I haven't done anything really big yet, mainly because it's kind of messy and also.... the book is in Japanese.  I'm using Google translator, but it's been a slow process. I will definitely blog about it next time, so please be patient with me :)  If you know Japanese and can help with translations let me know! :P

I've also gotten back to sketching/drawing.  I used to love doing this when I was younger, but kind of forgot that I could draw.  The feeling of wanting to draw again actually came about when I saw a friend's sketches at work.  I remember seeing her sketches of people and I was blown away at her talent.  I loved looking at her drawings because I could feel the warmth radiating from her sketches.  They were so so life like.  I don't know if that makes any sense :P or if that sounds kind of creepy.  Probably more creepy hahaha.  Anyways, I've been practicing drawing Mr C and it's been really fun :D and sometimes kind of horrifying D: ......Horrifying because a human drawing can so easily become a monster hahahaha D:

Onto other news, I've been trying hard to work on my Etsy store! That is coming along rather slowly... I guess I'm a slow person... like a turtle.  I've been experimenting with lots of random things that might be an interest to Etsy buyers.  My mother in law actually suggested to photograph my felted animals in little cute scenes. I'm hoping I can do more of this and make little greeting cards.  Let me know what you think in the comments below.

That's all for now.  Gotta make dinner soon :D  I'll leave you guys with some cute pictures :)

Take care guys,

Janet



First date

Forced Family Portrait

Part-ay Time!

Yummo- Hording all the goodies :D












No comments:

Post a Comment