Thursday, March 7, 2013

Needle Felting: Pink Bear

Hey everyone,

Hang in there, two more days until the weekend.  I just finished another needle felting project and I wanted to share.  I've been playing around with thicker wool and using it as a core for my stuffed animals.  It works really well and I just shape it into whatever I want.  After shaping, I just cover it with colored wool.  It's pretty fun and the core wool helps me make larger animals, something that is hard to do with colored wool only. 

In celebration of March I decided to make this little bear for myself (hahah). Originally I wanted to make a rabbit, but I thought bear ears looked better.  I think she came out really well.  Kind of reminds me of an ewok.  I think I might add a bow later on but we'll see :).  I took a friend's advice and made the white part of the eyes smaller (Thanks StephanieE)! It worked well and she doesn't look like a zombie.  hahaha.         

Anyways, I was doing some research about selling things on etsy and I realized there are a lot of legal implications about selling things online.  If something looks like a toy (even if you don't intend it to be), it has to meet all the safety requirements of the Consumer Product Safety Commission.  This includes the use of non toxic material and safety eyes etc.  As I look through all the etsy listings, I'm curious if these sellers realize these legal implications.  It is kind of scary isn't it?  Sometimes I feel the lines between personal responsibility and blaming the creator are too blurry.  What do you guys think?    

Talk to you guys soon!

Janet

Pink Bear, taking in all the sunshine she can get


Pink bear chilling with her family

1 comment: