Monday, May 13, 2013

Craft Project: Decoupage

Hey everyone,

How's it going?! Sorry for the lack of posts guys.  I've been keeping myself busy with different crafts. Last week was sewing and this week is decoupage! hahah, yes you read it correctly.  After getting my crazy $3 paper cutter, I knew I had to get myself a bottle of Mod Podge for decoupaging.  I've always wanted to decoupage since seeing it on the Rosie O'Donnell show (circa the mid 90's).  I know weird right? She talked about it in a few of her episodes, and I thought it was pretty cool how you could glue paper to anything you wanted.   I used my mod podge to glue my favorite paper to a magnetic box.  It came out really well and now I have a perfect tool box.  I've recently become obsessed with magnets as well.  I decided to decoupage some Japanese Washi paper to some heart shaped glass.  Now I just need some magnets for the back! 






I also made some tiny magnets from some brads I picked up on the weekend.  I was really attracted to the cute little designs.  Perfect for the fridge or small magnetic message board.  You can find this set in my Etsy store.  Just click the banner on the right side.



















2 comments:

  1. So neat! Love the little hearts, they are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! They are so much fun to make :D

      Delete